First of all, I've got a few Project Spectrum pictures. It's May and the Project Spectrum color for the month is green. Last Wednesday I had a bad headache and crawled into bed to watch TV right after dinner. I didn't feel like working on Jason's socks and I thought I had run out of yarn for the purse I'm working on so I grabbed two balls of green cotton yarn out of my stash and cast on for a dishcloth. I made it in a k2, p1 rib on #9 needles. I like the big loose stitches that resulted; they make the fabric super stretchy. I finished it with fifteen minutes left to go before the end of Law and Order but didn't feel like getting out of bed to get a needle to actually finish it. So I picked up the other ball of yarn and cast on for a garter stitch eyelet dishcloth knit on the bias (this is the pattern from Knitting for Baby that I made once before). I didn't get very far as you can see.
I've almost finished all of the knitting for the cable knit purse I'm working on. The body of the purse took exactly two balls of Knit Pick's Main Line. I had (or thought I had) just three balls and figured one ball for the strap would be plenty. Hmm, apparently I'm not so good at yarn estimates. The picture below shows the strap with just a couple of yards left to go on that ball of yarn. And, it's short. So I resisted knitting the last few rounds I thought I had enough yarn for and went back to Jason's sock. Low and behold while organzing my works in progress box (a plastic container that lives next to our couch and is usually spilling over with yarn balls and circular needles) I found a whole extra ball of the yarn.
I got next to no knitting done this past weekend--my mother-in-law (one of them--no I don't have two husbands--my husband has a stepmother) was in town and all I managed to do was a few rounds of a sock, a few rounds of the purse strap and I wove in the ends of the first dishcloth. Oh, and I had a crazy late night attempt at making a present for my mother-in-law. But it was so crazy and so late that I wasn't even quite sure what I was setting out to make even after casting on. But my sanity returned the next morning and I stuffed the needles yarn and two inches of progress on my UKP (unidentified knitting project) into a drawer to be frogged another day.