I've been meaning to post this ever since I finished my pincushion. I have yet to write up the pattern for the leaf & stem (which were both crocheted but I'm going to do a knit version also) but hope too soon. When I have done that I will post the entire pattern here in pdf format. You can also read my original entry about this pincushion.
Lime Pincushion Pattern (without leaf or stem)
Super easy, super quick Lime Pincushion created for the May Pincushion Challenge.
Yarn: Single strand of Paton's Classic Wool Merino in Leaf Green
Stuffing: Wool yarn ends (I can't seem to throw away the yarn ends I've snipped off of finished projects so I had a lot of these)
Needles: #9 DPNs
Cast-on 5 and join in the round.
- Rnds 1 & 2: Knit
- Rnd 3: Inc around (10 sts)
- Rnd 4: (Inc, K1) around (15 sts)
- Rnd 5: (Inc, K2) around (20 sts)
- Rnd 6: (Inc, K3) around (25 sts)
- Rnds 6-12: Knit (piece should measure about 2")
- Rnd 13: (K2tog, K3) around (20 sts)
- Rnd 14: (K2tog, K2) around (15 sts)
- Rnd 15: (K2tog, K1) around (10 sts)
- At this point you should stuff the lime. I stuffed it pretty full, knowing that these would felt too.
- Rnd 16: K2tog around (5 sts)
- Rnds 17 & 18: Knit