I'm in a strange knitting place right now. I've got in-progress projects up the wazoo--and all I want to do is start a new project. Cast-on feel the excitement of things to come, rather than dread the work I have to do...
- Complete the last few rounds of monstrous, cotton, HEAVY (as Nana pointed out) project and weave in six-million ends (hmmm, wonder why I'm putting that one off...?)
- Put a face on Matilda's Bear (and most likely ruin its cuteness in doing so...)
- Finish the Beta version of the above Bear for the pattern
- Work on my good ol' "Computer Sucks Scarf" (short name) that travels with me everywhere and doesn't get any longer
- Finish Dad's socks which can be held off on since they're for Fathers Day
- Figure out what to do about a strange-probably-not-going-to-work-out-prototype project for a gift I want to make someone
- Hide the new sock I cast-on (also intended to be a gift) deep in my stash so I'll work on other things
- Work on the other things I'm not remembering...or maybe that's all and it just feels like a million-zillion projects
Jason's birthday is next week, his dad's & Misti's are both in the first week of May. I'm not worried about what to make for Misti; she's a girl--I have lots of options. I am, however, still unsure of what to make for Jason & Ed as they are guys and I don't think either of them wants a felted purse or anything cute like that.
And, to top it all off, I got new yarn yesterday and I just want to play with it! I ordered from Knit Picks in a moment of weakness and a pure desire to increase my stash with pretty, snuggly yarn (which is going to need another new box soon...) and got ...
**** SORRY! I WAS SUCKED INTO THE VORTEX BEFORE I COULD FINISH THIS POST ****
This is the problem with not finishing a post the minute you start it...you come back and things have changed...
For instance, I've solved (but need you to keep your fingers crossed for me on this one) the problem of what to make Jason for his birthday. And, oh, woe is me, it required a trip to the yarn store at lunch time. Can't say what I got though because he is nice enough to read this blog on occasion...but I did also get a 32" long pair of #2 Addi Turbos (!!!) so I can try making socks with the magic loop method...
When I got back to work an order I had placed with Amazon last week finally arrived in it were **** & **** (birthday gifts for Jason) and the heavy duty and way beyond my skill level but I can dream Sweater Design in Plain English by Maggie Righetti that I ordered because I love her Knitting in Plain English book. But I'm really excited about Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. It has lots of projects organized by how many hours they should take to complete (I'll double the estimates for myself :) and beautiful photographs by Anna Williams that really, really make me want to JUST SIT BACK AND KNIT.
So, you're all dying I'm sure to know what I got from Knitpicks...but I've decided to wait and post a picture since it's all too beautiful to blog about in just words...And I'm really busy and don't have more time to spend doing this...
But I'll leave you will two more things of note:
The spring Knitty has been released!